We will help you achieve your goals
and changes 24 hours prior to the trip.
in English Via phone call and online chat.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Transfer and taxi in Tunisia
Tunisia is a tourist country in North Africa. Travelers like going there because of rather low holiday prices and hot climate. Here you can see the city of Carthage and visit its famous amphitheater. You can also enjoy impressive nature of Sidi Bou Said or try and challenge yourself in the journey across the great expanses of the Sahara Desert. Divers can explore the depths of the Mediterranean Sea. To those who just want to enjoy sunbathing on the beach, away from the everyday hustle and bustle, we recommend heading to the resorts such as Hammamet, Djerba, and Sousse.
There are two types of taxis in Tunisia. The first – standard yellow cars that use taximeters. The cost of their service is low but you might need to remind the driver to turn the taximeter on, in order for the price to match the mileage. At night, there is a double price increase. The second taxi type is a white “louage”, which can fit up to 8 people and goes only within the city. These ones resemble pretty much regular minibuses that wait at special stops until all the seats are occupied.
However, if you travel with the child, do not speak English well or simply want to get from the airport to the hotel in Tunisia with comfort, it is better to book your transfer in Tunisia in advance. The online transfer booking service “Kiwitaxi” not only allows you to compare prices for different routes but also to complete the order online. Moreover, unlike a taxi, that only operates within one city, the transfer in Tunisia goes between cities as well and can take you from one town or place to another, including tourist attractions.
Let’s look at all the advantages of transfer option in Tunisia:
- You won't have to look for special taxi car parks and to negotiate the price with the driver. Our driver will meet you at any pick-up location you choose and he or she will wait for you there with a sign with your name on it;
- Unlike “louage” taxi, Kiwitaxi transfer will take you to the hotel at a fixed price at any time of day or night;
- You won’t have to think about currency exchange for dinars because you can pay your booking in advance by card on the website;
- You will get to your destination fast because the driver will know all the details of your trip and you won't have to explain anything to them;
- If you want to save money you can order a seat in a shuttle bus in Tunisia.