depending on the route.
We make sure everything goes according to your plan
and changes One day before the trip.
will not change The price gets fixed when booking
and will not be affected by traffic jams, weather or time of day.
in English By phone and on the website.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Barcelona Airport: Transfer and Taxi
Private Transfers from Barcelona Airport
Transfers from El Prat Airport (BCN) is the fastest option to get to the capital of Catalonia and the nearest cities: Sitges, Salou, Lloret de Mar, Port Aventura, Tarragona, and others.
If the Catalan capital isn’t your final destination, you can get from the airport by transfer to Sants railway station, Passeig de Gràcia railway station, Franca Station, Nord bus station, the port and continue your trip from these points.
There are 3 reasons to book a transfer from the air hub:
- Not all Spanish drivers speak English. You can avoid the language barrier with Kiwitaxi. All the information needed will be in a voucher. The English-speaking support service will answer your questions 24/7.
- You will pay by credit card before the trip and won’t bother with currency exchange upon arrival.
- You will leave the airport without delay and won’t have to look for a bus stop or a taxi stand. It’s comfortable if you arrive at night or travel with young children.
There is 12 kilometers between the air hub and Barcelona. The transfer will take you to your hotel in 20–25 minutes. The cost of the trip is 45 euros.
Taxi from Barcelona Airport
Spain attracts millions of tourists every year, and they all want to get from El Prat Airport to their destination. So, there is usually a huge line for a taxi. Be ready to wait. You can also book a taxi from Barcelona Airport in advance.
For a trip from the airport to a hotel, a taxi driver can set one of three tariffs:
● Tariff 1 is for weekdays from 08:00 to 20:00. The cost per km is 1.17 euro.
● Tariff 2 is for weekdays from 20:00 to 08:00. The cost per km is 1.47 euro.
● Tariff 3 is for Sundays and holidays. The cost per km is 1.31 euro.
The fare depends on your destination. The minimum sum you should pay is 20 euro.
Barcelona Airport taxi cost is about 35–40 euro. There is an extra charge for luggage (4 euro per case) excessing 55×40×20 cm.
At Barcelona Airport, it can be difficult to find a taxi with one or more child seats. In this case, it is better to book online Kiwitaxi transfer. You can choose:
● a child seat if the child weighs 9–18 kg;
● a booster if the child weighs 13–36 kg;
● an infant seat if the child weighs up to 9 kg.
● Metro. You can use 9 Sud metro line to get to Zona Universitària, stopping at Fira, Parc Logístic, Mercabarna. Aeroport T1 metro station is situated in Terminal 1 Floor 0. Aeroport T2 station is located outside the Terminal 2 building. A single metro journey costs 5,15 euro.
● Train. TheR2 North Line connects the airport with Sants railway station, Passeig de Gràcia railway station, and others. Trains depart every 30 minutes. Keep in mind that RENFE trains are sometimes delayed. The price is 4,20 euro.
● Aerobus A1. It goes from Terminal 1 to Plaça Catalunya, stopping at the main points in the city. One-way ticket costs 5,90 euro.
● Aerobus A2. It connects Terminal 2 and Plaça Catalunya.
At the air hub, aerobus stops are situated outside both terminals. You will recognize blue buses, marked as “Aerobus”.
Booking an Airport Transfer from Barcelona Airport
Make a booking not less than 24 hours before the trip. But if less time is left, we will try to find a free car.
Don’t forget to provide the following details:
- preferable car class: Economy, Business, Premium
- transfer pick-up date and time
- If it’s a family trip, specify how many child seats you need and for what age.
After you complete the booking, you get a voucher by email. It contains all transfer details: the pick-up date and time, the meeting point, the contacts of the transfer driver.
Cost of Airport Transfer from Barcelona Airport
On average, per person
You know the cost of transfer in advance. It will not change if you get stuck in traffic.
El Prat Airport (BCN) handles the flights of the following airlines:
The air hub has two terminals. The main terminal is Terminal 1. It handles EU flights. Terminal 2 deals with regional and low-cost airlines. Free shuttles run between T1 and T2 terminals.
Interactive map of the terminals
For the convenience of passengers, the airport has:
● currency exchange point
● first aid post
● fast lane pass service
● cafes and restaurants
● post office
● children's areas and specific services for children
● free assistance service for persons with reduced mobility
● lost-and-found offices