depending on the route.
We make sure everything goes according to your plan
and changes One day before the trip.
in English By phone and on the website.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Pulkovo Airport: Transfers and Taxi
Transfers from Pulkovo Airport
Transfers from Pulkovo Airport (LED) are the quickest and most convenient way to get to the city of Saint Petersburg and the most-visited nearby towns such as Pushkin, Peterhof, Gatchina, Kronstadt, etc. Also, transfers can take you from Pulkovo to some destinations in the nearby countries — for instance, the airports of Tallinn and Helsinki.
Using the Kiwitaxi private transfer service will allow you to:
- Get to your destination as quickly as possible. If you pre-book a transfer, you won’t have to spend your time waiting at the public transport stop or making a booking at a taxi counter: the Kiwitaxi driver will meet you at the specified time and you will leave the airport without delay.
- Choose the vehicle that suits you best. We offer a wide range of car classes — from Economy to Minibus for 19 persons, so no matter what your travel needs are, you will find a perfect vehicle for you.
- Not worry about the language barrier. We’ll provide your driver with all the necessary information in advance, so there will be no need for you to explain anything to him on-site. Even if any questions arise, you can always contact our 24/7 English-speaking customer service.
If you travel with small children, remember to add the necessary number of child car seats to your booking.
There is around 20 kilometers from Pulkovo to Saint Petersburg. The private transfer will take you to your accommodation in the city in approximately 40 minutes. The journey will cost 18 euros.
Taxi from Pulkovo Airport
It is strongly advisable to ignore private taxi drivers who approach tourists near the terminal exit and book a taxi via official taxi counters only — they can be found in the Arrivals area on the first floor of the terminal. The official airport taxi service — ‘Taxi Pulkovo’ — offers fixed rates for trips to the city: they vary depending on the district and the car class.
The cost of an official taxi from Pulkovo Airport to the central part of Saint Petersburg is 1,050 rubles or 13.5 euros (for an Economy-class car). If you have bulky baggage, you will have to pay 200 rubles (2.5 euros) extra.
Note that the largest taxi the airport taxi service offers is an 8-seater minivan, so if you’re a group of more than 8 people, you will have to book two or more cars. If you want a vehicle that will accommodate all of you, choose a transfer: on the Kiwitaxi website, you can find minibuses of different capacities with the largest one having 19 seats.
Public Transport from Pulkovo Airport
You can also leave Pulkovo Airport by city buses 39 and 39э (it’s an express bus: it runs along the same route but doesn’t make any stops along the way) or minibus K39, but note that they will only take you to the nearest metro station — Moskovskaya, and there, you will have to change to the metro to reach your destination in the city. The bus 39 and the minibus K39 reach the destination in 30-35 minutes, while the bus 39э — in 20 minutes. The fare is 40 rubles (+40 rubles for large baggage) — you pay it in cash to the driver or the conductor. The bus stop can be found near the exit of the Arrivals Hall — be ready to spend up to 20 minutes waiting there. Public transport doesn’t operate after 1:30 am.
There are no services running from the air hub to other cities and towns.
Booking a Private Transfer from Pulkovo Airport
Transfer reservations need to be made at least 24 hours in advance. However, even if you make your reservation later, we will try to find an available driver for you.
To reserve a transfer, you need to specify the following information:
- the date and time of your journey
- the preferred vehicle class
- extra services if needed (for instance, a child car seat or a bottle of drinking water).
Once your reservation is made, we will send you an email with a confirmation and a voucher. In the voucher, you will find all the journey details: the date and time of the trip, the pick-up point, and the driver’s contact information.
Cost of Airport Transfer from Saint Petersburg
The cost of the transfer compared to other ways to get to Saint Petersburg
You don’t have to exchange money to pay for a private transfer: when making a prepayment on the Kiwitaxi website, you can select the preferred currency.
Useful Information about Pulkovo Airport
The following airlines fly to and from Pulkovo air hub:
- Turkish Airlines
- and many others.
Pulkovo consists of two terminals: the old terminal handles domestic flights, while the new one — international flights. They are located in the same building.
The airport offers the following services and facilities:
- ATMs, banks, and currency exchange offices
- cafes and duty-free shops
- baby care room and children’s playroom
- first aid
- business lounges
- tourist center
- car rental
- orthodox chapel.