depending on the route.
We make sure everything goes according to your plan
and changes One day before the trip.
in English By phone and on the website.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Pisa Airport to Florence: Transfers and Taxi
Transfers from Pisa Airport to Florence
Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Sandro Botticelli, and Dante Alighieri — all these famous people lived and created their works in the city of Florence. Being ‘the Cradle of the Renaissance’, this place attracts large numbers of tourists from all around the world with its gorgeous masterpieces of art and architecture.
If you’re going to this wonderful city from Pisa Airport, consider pre-booking a private transfer. Here are some reasons why this option is great:
- You won’t have to look for public transport stops and carry your heavy baggage there (some of them are located far from the Arrivals). The driver will meet you at the terminal and help you carry your bags to the car and load them into the trunk.
- You won’t have to worry about the possible language barrier. Our drivers get all the necessary trip details in advance, so their passengers don’t have to inform them about anything on the spot.
- You may choose the most perfect vehicle for you. There are several car classes you can select from, and even if you’re a group, we have an option for you — we offer minibuses for up to 19 passengers.
Transfers will also be extremely comfortable if you’re traveling with children or elderly people. We have a few types of child car seats — don’t forget to book the necessary one if you’re traveling with a kid.
The Kiwitaxi transfer from the air hub to the capital of Tuscany costs from 182 euros. The travel time is around 1 hour 10 minutes.
Taxi from Pisa Airport to Florence
Official taxis at the air hub are operated by Co.Ta.Pi (Cooperativa Tassisti Pisani). You can find them waiting in front of the terminal building, just outside the Arrivals area. Besides taking a taxi at the rank, you can book one via phone or through the company website. The service is available round the clock.
All drivers are obliged by law to use the taximeter. Always make sure the driver turns the meter on before the ride. The approximate cost of a taxi from Pisa Airport to Florence is 170 euros.
If you’d like to be aware of the exact cost of your trip in advance, book a Kiwitaxi tourist transfer. In this case, the final price will be known at the time of booking and no circumstances will be able to change it once your booking is made.
Public Transport from Pisa Airport to Florence
There are two options to reach the city by public transport:
- Sky Bus Lines Caronna. This direct bus service runs to Florence 24/7. The ride takes 1 hour and costs 25 euros for an adult. Tickets are purchased at the air hub information desk, online, or on the bus (please note that passengers with tickets bought online have boarding priority). The bus station is located outside the Arrivals.
- High-speed automated PisaMover + train. The people mover runs from 6 am to midnight. Its station is located 40 meters away from the terminal. This service will take you to Pisa train station in 5 minutes and for 5 euros. There, you will change to the train to Florence: the fastest one will take you to the city in 50 minutes and for 8.70 euros. Also, you can buy a combined ticket for these two services (at the air hub or on the Trenitalia site).
None of these options will take you right to your accommodation, and if you have plenty of baggage, it may cause you some difficulties. To avoid them, book a transfer — it will take you from Pisa Airport straight to the doors of your hotel in Florence.
About the Route
The distance from the air hub to the city is 80 kilometers. The road passes through a lot of beautiful Tuscany landscapes, so you won’t be bored looking out the window.