depending on the route.
We make sure everything goes according to your plan
and changes One day before the trip.
will not change The price gets fixed when booking
and will not be affected by traffic jams, weather or time of day.
in English By phone and on the website.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Budapest Airport: Transfers and Taxi
Transfers from Budapest Airport
Transfers from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport are the easiest, fastest and safest means of transporting yourself and your baggage to any desired destination in Budapest and beyond. These include Pecs, Keleti Train Station Budapest, Szeged, Debrecen, Nepliget Bus Station, Bratislava, Sagvar, Kosice, and Vienna. In summer, many tourists head to Budapest to attend the famous music festival Sziget which can also be easily reached by transfer.
A transfer from Budapest Airport offers you the opportunity to:
Safely leave the airport as soon as you land. Hop into the ordered car and head to your desired destination. It’s that easy! You need not search for a taxi.
Avoid any challenge that may occur as a result of language differences. All you need is already in place. With our tested and trusted working algorithm you need not say a word to the taxi driver.
Pay for transport in advance. You can now spend your money on other more important things as you enjoy your trip.
Taxi from Budapest Airport
The official taxi at Budapest Airport is Fotaxi. It is a reliable service, however, you need to make a taxi reservation at special booths at Terminals 2A and 2B. If it is your first visit to Budapest, it might be difficult to understand right away upon arrival where to find them.
In high season, the line to the booth may be very long and if you are traveling with children or are in a hurry, you will not want to waste so much time waiting for your turn.
In 2016, Uber stopped operating in Budapest and is not available in the city anymore. There may be individuals walking around the taxi ranks and offering private taxi services but it is not recommended to travel with them as safety is not guaranteed in this case.
The taxi prices are regulated by the government: there is a fixed tariff of 300 HUF/Km (0.95 EUR/Km) added to the basic fee of 700 HUF (2.2 EUR). There is also an extra fee for waiting, whereas, at Kiwitaxi, one hour of waiting is free. A trip to the city center will cost around 26 EUR depending on traffic conditions. In the absence of traffic, this journey will take about 30 minutes.
There is also the official airport shuttle service miniBUD at Budapest Airport. Its price depends on the city zone you need to get to: the further, the more expensive. Kiwitaxi transfers have a fixed price which is the same for any point within the city limits.
Public Transport from Budapest Airport
Aside from Kiwitaxi transfer from Budapest Airport and official airport services, there are several means of public transportation that can bring you from Budapest Airport to other destinations in the city or the cities of Nyíregyháza, Szolnok, Szeged, Debrecen and in the east of Hungary.
- Bus 200E/Night bus 900. It runs round-the-clock from Terminal 2 to the Nagyvárad tér metro station from which you need to take the metro to get to your destination. You can buy a ticket for 350 HUF euro at the post office, the newsagents, in ticket machines at the bus stop or from the driver for 450 HUF.
- 100E. Direct shuttle service 100E operates between the airport and Deák Ferenc tér in the city center between 4.30 a.m. and 00.40 a.m. Note that a special ticket is required for this line which costs 900 HUF. Other types of tickets are not accepted.
- Train. To take a train, you first need to get to Ferihegy train station by bus 200E or night bus 900 as it is 4 km away from Terminal 2. Train tickets are available for purchase only at the ticket office at the Ferihegy train station between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Tickets are also sold at the ticket machines located on the platforms and onboard the trains. The price starts at 370 HUF. Remember that you also need to buy a bus ticket.
Booking an Airport Transfer from Budapest Airport
To book an airport transfer successfully, you need to book your journey with a minimum of 24 hours before your trip commences. If you adhere to this direction, we will definitely get you the exact car you requested for. What if you are unable to make your booking within 24 hours before the start of your trip? Simply leave your request irrespective of the 24 hours deadline; we will try our best to get you a competent driver that is ready for business.
Information we need to to know to provide you a transfer from the airport:
- Date and exact time of pick-up
- The volume of baggage and the prospective number of passengers. This information will affect the transfer class that will be suitable for you. If you are unsure about this, all you need to do is contact the Kiwitaxi Customer Support Specialist.
- If any of your passengers are children, it will be wise to order child restraints. These include boosters, infant seats, and child seats.
Cost of Airport Transfer from Budapest Airport
The cost of airport transfer compared to other ways to get to Budapest
Transfer service is more beneficial if you are traveling with several passengers, as the trip will cost you less than a taxi or even public transport ticket if the price is split. At the same time, you get straight to your place of stay instead of the city transport hub, which especially makes the difference if you are traveling at night.
Useful Information about Budapest Airport
Weather in Budapest
The following airlines fly to/from Budapest Airport:
- Air Baltic
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air France
- British Airways
- American Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- China Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- and many more.
Budapest Airport has two terminals. Terminal 1 is temporarily closed for passenger traffic. Terminal 2 is divided into zones 2A and 2B united by the passenger hall SkyCourt. Terminal 2A handles the flights within the Schengen area, while the second one, 2B, serves the flights outside the Schengen area. Passengers can get from one terminal to another on foot.
At the airport, passengers can use Wifi and visit the Chapel (Room of Silence). There are smoking area and as many as 6 business lounges for VIP tourists. Services for people with special needs are also available at the air hub. There more than 20 shops in the duty-free area and as many restaurants and cafes, many of which are located in the SkyCourt hall. Besides, here you can rent a car, have your baggage wrapped, exchange currency, use ATMs, send a letter and even visit a dental clinic.