depending on the route.
We make sure everything goes according to your plan
and changes One day before the trip.
in English By phone and on the website.
and secret discounts in your inbox
Hamburg Airport: Transfers and Taxi
Transfers from Hamburg Airport
Taxi transfers from Hamburg Helmut Schmidt Airport (HAM) are the quickest and most convenient way to get to the most visited cities in Northern Germany: Rostock, Kiel, Lubeck, Bremen, Schwerin, etc.
With this travel option, you can:
- Leave the air hub without delay. You won’t have to wait for public transport or look for an available taxi: the driver will meet you upon arrival right inside the terminal and lead you to the car.
- Forget about the language problems. You won’t have to speak German to explain to your driver where you need to get to, as we’ll provide him with all the info needed in advance.
- Pay in the desired currency. You won’t have to prepare euros to pay for your ride: when prepaying online, you can select the currency that suits you best.
This option will be very comfortable if you travel with a child or arrive at night.
The air hub is located 9 km north of the city. The transfer will get there in 20 mins. The trip costs 83€.
Taxi from Hamburg Airport
There are several taxi companies operating at the air hub. You can take their cabs from the ranks in front of the terminals. Fares are calculated according to the meter, and you’ll have to pay extra for large baggage and night travel (between 23:00 and 06:00).
The approximate cost of a cab to the city’s central districts is 40€.
If you travel to other cities, you can negotiate a fixed fare with your driver. Note that it might not be easy to find a large taxi or a taxi with a child seat at the rank. If you don’t want to spend your time looking for such cabs, order a transfer: on the Kiwitaxi website, you can reserve a minibus and add a child car seat to your booking.
Public Transport from Hamburg Airport
There are two options you can choose from:
- S-Bahn train (S1). It runs to central railway station and the city center. The ride costs 3.2€ and takes 25 mins. The station is in front of the terminals — there are lifts and escalators leading to it. Tickets can be bought at ticket offices, from red ticket machines at the station, or online. Trains don’t run after 00:13.
- Buses. To reach the city center, use Lines 292, 114, 23, 26, 39 (at night — 274 and 606). The ride costs 5.3€ and takes 30 mins. There are two bus stops at the air hub (signs will help you find them). Also, there are some buses going to other German cities.
This travel option is not comfortable when traveling with large bags.
Booking a transfer from Hamburg Airport
Bookings need to be made at least 24 hours in advance. But don’t worry if there’s less time left — we’ll try to find a car for you anyway.
Specify these details when booking: the date and time of your ride, the desired car class, and extra services needed.
When your booking is made, we’ll send you a confirmation and a voucher by email. The voucher will have all the trip details: the pick-up date and time, the meeting point, and the driver’s contact info.
Cost of Airport Transfer from Hamburg
The cost of the transfer compared to other ways of getting to Hamburg
Kiwitaxi rates are fixed and known in advance. They don’t change after an order is made.
Useful Information about Hamburg Airport
It’s a hub for the following carriers:
- British Airways
- and others.
It has two passenger terminals, which are connected by the shopping and recreation area.
The terminals offer the following services:
- banks and VAT refund
- medical center
- business lounge